The Accounts Receivable Specialist supports functions for cooperation with various third-party payers, especially the acquisition of prior authorizations. Tasks include the application of record keeping principles and practices, maximizing allowable service revenue, performing data entry, communicating with third-party payers, and monitoring, recording, or reviewing documents and clinical information.
High school diploma or GED required. Must possess a working knowledge in the operation of office equipment, especially computers. Some relevant experience preferred. Must have good verbal communication skills, a congenial manner, and a professional commitment to confidential record keeping.
- Able to recognize non-verbal communications
- Can ascertain and convey customer expectations
- Can identify confidential information
- Able to distinguish courtesy from discourtesy
- Can organize and consolidate information and data