Swanson Center’s compassionate staff is dedicated to
improving lives by providing comprehensive, expert
mental health and addiction services
For Medical Emergencies, Please Call 911
After Hours Crisis Line,
Swanson Center provides the services, support, guidance, and care to assist you in overcoming problems related to substance abuse, substance dependency, or problem gambling
Our mutual goal is to help you lead a substance-free life by:
- Coming to terms with your substance abuse problem and how this impacts your ability to succeed
- Learning new methods to cope with everyday situations/problems
- Developing healthy relationships that support a sober lifestyle
- Developing new goals that enhance your self-esteem without the use of substances
- Substance abuse education classes
- Group and individual therapy
- Family counseling
- Teen and gender-specific groups
- Continuing-care groups
- Intensive outpatient groups
- Referrals to detox services
- Problem Gambling Counseling
*In case of a waiting list, pregnant women will be given preferential placement for treatment.
We care about your recovery.
Swanson Center’s compassionate staff is dedicated to improving lives by providing comprehensive, expert mental health and addiction services. Call us today.
7224 W 400 N
Michigan City, IN 46360
1230 West State Road 2
LaPorte, IN 46350
Important messages from our CEO
Swanson Center has made a commitment to providing the highest level of clinical care possible while meeting the needs of the community and minding our mission. It is exciting to be a part of a team that is so committed to aiding those who are seriously impacted by the effects of mental illness.
You asked we listened. Previously we had intake wait times of nearly 36 days; now it’s approximately 3. By listening to you, our community, we’ve been able to increase access to treatment for everyone.
Through our Access Center, we’re now offering same-day intake services which has decreased our initial contact to intake by over 85% and we’re now in a better position to serve our community. You asked we listened.